South and Central Asia

IIE Contact

For information on programs in the South & Central Asia Region, contact:


2020-2021 South & Central Asia Program Information

The countries listed above are those in which it is anticipated that grants will be available for the current academic year.


English Teaching Assistant Programs are available to:

India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.

Grants are not available to:

Afghanistan, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan or Turkmenistan.

Multi-Country proposals:

Multi-country applications are not accepted.